Views within FUEL work just like CodeIgniter views but with some extra functionality. For example, you can render a page automatically without creating a controller method by using the opt-in controller method.
You can hide view files from several aspects of FUEL by adding an underscore ("_") in front of the view name or containing folder. This will automatically hide it from being found if you are using the opt-in controller method for displaying your page. Also, adding an underscore to your layout or block view file (in the _layouts and _blocks folder respectively), will prevent it from showing up in the selection dropdown list in the CMS.
Special View Folders
There are several folders that have special purpose within your views folders:
- _admin: contains CMS admin specific views. The application folder uses this folder to hold the _fuel_preview.php file which is used for previewing content from the markItUp! editor. You may need to customize to fit your preview needs
- _blocks: contains static block files.
- _docs: contains user guide documentation specific for a module. The application folder's _doc folder is used for site specific documentation which can be viewed from the CMS dashboard
- _layouts: contains layout files
- _variables: contains variables files
- _generate: contains template files that override the defaults used for generating things like advanced modules. This folder is not there by default and the generate functionality will work without it.