Installing FUEL CMS
FUEL CMS uses CodeIgniter. If you are familiar with installing CodeIgniter, then many of the following steps will seem familiar to you.
The following are steps to installing FUEL:
- Download the latest version from getfuelcms.com
- Place the downloaded folder onto your webserver. Note that the fuel/data_backup, fuel/install and fuel/scripts folders should be a folders inaccessible from the web if using .htaccess.
- Browse to the index page. You should see a page of similar instructions as below.
- Alter your Apache .htaccess file to the proper RewriteBase directory. The default is your web servers root directory. If you do not have mod_rewrite enabled you will need to change the $config['index_page'] from blank to 'index.php' in fuel/application/config/config.php
- Install the database by first creating the database in MySQL and then running the fuel/install/fuel_schema.sql file
- Configure the fuel/application/config/database.php file with the proper database connection settings (like with any other CodeIgniter database application)
- Change the $config['encryption_key'] found in the fuel/application/config/config.php file
- Make the following folders writable:
Certain modules may require their own configuration and database SQL files to be run. Please reference their own documentation in the user guide for additional install information.